Call Us Today to Check Availability & Reserve Your Spot!
Why Choose Us?
- Professional 'Floating Marley Dance Floors' reduce fatigue and prevent injury
- Small class sizes
- Customer service - desk staff available during class times for assistance
- Wide selection of class times to fit your busy schedule
- University trained teachers
- Instructions in rock, classical, pop, jazz and more
- Optional, low pressure recitals
Once again I was blown away by the hard work and dedication displayed by your professional staff at the dance and music recitals. They have been very helpful and supportive of my two girls throughout the year and I would like to thank you for always going above and beyond expectations and holding your staff to high standards.
The School of Dance & Music has been a part of our family for 6 years and we are thankful that it is in our community. My daughter's dance teachers are extremely dedicated and have allowed her to shine by finding her strengths and meeting her needs. They have made all the classes challenging and fun. These teachers are passionate...
The School of Dance & Music is a wonderful studio and I'm thankful to have such passionate and dedicated faculty teaching Kevin. He has grown so much technically and emotionally in the warm, encouraging atmosphere over the years. Having him dance at the school is one of the best decisions I have made as a parent.
The dance studio really feels like family to us and we just couldn`t imagine going anywhere else!
My daughter has gone from a recreational to a serious scholarship dancer and career-minded student, all while being guided and nurtured by her wonderful teachers the entire way.
June 2016 Dance Recital General Info
Company General Info
Ages 3 - 4 1/2 yrs.
Ballet / Tap
Click above to watch examples of
This 50-minute class is Ballet-based and ends with fun Tap steps. Through creative and fun exercises, these young dancers will be able to memorize Ballet and Tap moves and sequences, as well as learn basic vocabulary that will prepare them for the classes taken in years to come. Limited to 10 students
Why is dance important?
Why Ballet and Tap?
The National Dance Education Organization lists the following as reasons to learn standardized dance forms:
- Provide a scaffold outlining the breadth and scope of learning and teaching dance as an art upon which to design curricula and course syllabi. Standards are a guide, not a directive nor a curriculum. They offer constructive support, suggesting areas of curriculum but not defining it. Standards allow each district or school to develop an approach most suited to local or individual values.
- Serve as a springboard for creativity for the learning and teaching of dance making: improvisation, choreography, and composition. Standards suggest avenues of creative exploration in the arts-making processes of Performing, Creating, Responding to, and interconnecting dance learning to knowledge of other disciplines and life skills.
- Define age-appropriate expectations and levels of achievement in the art of dance. Standards inform individual schools of dance and school districts what students should know and be able to do in the art of dance at certain benchmark levels when taught by a highly qualified dance teacher in a graduated curriculum.